Clementine Error

I use a couple of music applications when I’m working. Mostly I use Amarok but I also like Clementine. It was inspired by Amarok 1.4 so is popular with many who didn’t like the changes brought by KDE 4.

For some time I’ve had an issue with Clementine, it wouldn’t save the last played date. Not a major problem for most people I guess. However I use a dynamic playlist that is designed to play all the tracks in my collection with minimum repetition. It uses the last played date and won’t repeat something that has been played in the last few weeks.

I did a search online and didn’t find anything. I also asked on a couple of forums but got no response. Today I got around to looking at it again. I found the the config directory, located at ~/.config/clementine, contained 2 subdirectories. One of these is called “networkcache”. I deleted this as an experiment and was surprised to find the date saved again. Strangely I notice that the directory hasn’t been recreated so maybe it isn’t used any more.

However problem solved, Clementine is working again.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: